May is Mental Health Month!
Internship Opportunity Available!
Internship Job Description
Date: April 1, 2013
Mission and Service Description: Our Mission at Mental Health America of Hancock County is to encourage, provide, and advocate for mental health and emotional wellness through local programs and services. Mental Health America of Hancock County is a not-for-profit organization that strives to educate and assist the community on all mental health and emotional wellness topics.
Intern Requirements: We are looking for a student that is seeking a degree in Public Affairs with a concentration on Non-Profit Management, or a similar degree. Position is available for Undergraduate or Graduate Students.
Internship Schedule & Hours: Please Note – Agency is flexible and will discuss a schedule that fits both the needs of the Agency and the Intern.
- 4 months from December 2012 to March 2013 with very flexible start and end times
- 3 credit hours, 15 hours per week for 16 weeks totaling 240 hours
Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in the following tasks:
1- Program Management and Development – with three new programs beginning, this is a great opportunity to learn the tasks that go into developing and maintaining programs.
2- Fund Development/Fundraising – create and implement new ideas for existing fundraisers, identify and cultivate potential donors, identify and work on grant opportunities.
3- Marketing Plan – play an essential role in implementing a Marketing Plan that will effectively market the organization, enhance promotional materials and overall interaction with Hancock County Community.
Please Note – Various tasks such as entering data, filing, answering phones, are a component of all three duties, and will be expected of the intern.
Intern Characteristics: To be successful, we are looking for these characteristics in an intern:
- focuses on both specific tasks and on overall goals
- positive attitude and professional manner
- prepares accurate and detailed reports
- is comfortable with face-to-face and over-the-phone interactions
- follows-up on all duties and completes duties by deadlines
- is able to work alone as well as in a team
If interested, please contact us here.